Обсуждение: 2023-05-11 release announcement draft

2023-05-11 release announcement draft

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
Hi,

Attached is a draft of the release announcement for the upcoming update
release on May 11, 2023.

Please provide any suggestions, corrections, or notable omissions no
later than 2023-05-11 0:00 AoE.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: 2023-05-11 release announcement draft

От
Erik Rijkers
Дата:
Op 5/7/23 om 05:37 schreef Jonathan S. Katz:
> Attached is a draft of the release announcement for the upcoming update
> release on May 11, 2023.
>
> Please provide any suggestions, corrections, or notable omissions no
> later than 2023-05-11 0:00 AoE.

'leak in within a'  should be
'leak within a'

Erik

Re: 2023-05-11 release announcement draft

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 5/7/23 1:09 AM, Erik Rijkers wrote:
> Op 5/7/23 om 05:37 schreef Jonathan S. Katz:
>> Attached is a draft of the release announcement for the upcoming
>> update release on May 11, 2023.
>>
>> Please provide any suggestions, corrections, or notable omissions no
>> later than 2023-05-11 0:00 AoE.
>
> 'leak in within a'  should be
> 'leak within a'

Thanks for that catch! Revision attached.

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: 2023-05-11 release announcement draft

От
David Rowley
Дата:
Thanks for working on this.

On Sun, 7 May 2023 at 15:37, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Please provide any suggestions, corrections, or notable omissions no
> later than 2023-05-11 0:00 AoE.

For this one:

> * Fix partition pruning logic for partitioning on boolean columns when using a
> `IS NOT TRUE` condition.

Just to explain this a little further:  Effectively the code thought
"IS NOT TRUE" meant "IS FALSE", and "IS NOT FALSE" meant "IS TRUE".
That was wrong because each of the NOT cases should have allowed
NULLs.

Maybe the wording can be adjusted to mention NULLs. Maybe something
along the lines of:

* Fix partition pruning bug with the boolean "IS NOT TRUE" and "IS NOT
FALSE" conditions. NULL partitions were accidentally pruned when they
shouldn't have been.

David

Re: 2023-05-11 release announcement draft

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 5/7/23 10:34 PM, David Rowley wrote:

> * Fix partition pruning bug with the boolean "IS NOT TRUE" and "IS NOT
> FALSE" conditions. NULL partitions were accidentally pruned when they
> shouldn't have been.

Thanks for the additional explanation. I took your suggestion verbatim.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения