Обсуждение: A question about generate_series

A question about generate_series

От
"文一"
Дата:
Hi team,
when I use the generate_series,as you can see
(Fedora Linux 37, PGSQL 15.3)

postgres=# SELECT x FROM generate_series(1, 25, 1) As x;
----
  1
  2
  3
  4
  5
  6
  7
  8
  9
 10
 11
 12
 13
 14
 15
 16
 17
 18
 19
 20
 21
Time: 0.518 ms

My question is, why postgres didn't print the 22 to 25?
Can someone give some advice?
Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Wen Yi

Re: A question about generate_series

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Sunday, May 28, 2023, 文一 <896634148@qq.com> wrote:
[...]

Some kind of visual interaction between psql, the pager, and your terminal?

David J.

Re: A question about generate_series

Дата:
"=?gb18030?B?zsTSuw==?=" <896634148@qq.com> writes:
> postgres=# SELECT x FROM generate_series(1, 25, 1) As x;
> ----
>   1
>   2
>   3
>   4
>   5
>   6
>   7
>   8
>   9
>  10
>  11
>  12
>  13
>  14
>  15
>  16
>  17
>  18
>  19
>  20
>  21
> Time: 0.518 ms

> My question is, why postgres didn't print the 22 to 25?

I'm betting there's something broken about your pager
settings, because 21 is as far as the display would get
in a standard-height (24 lines) xterm window.  When I do
this I see

 19
 20
 21
--More--

Since you're not getting a prompt but just the subsequent
\timing output, it seems that the rest of the output went
into the bit bucket, which psql would certainly never do
on its own.  But a malfunctioning pager might act that way.

            regards, tom lane

Re: A question about generate_series

От
"Wen Yi"
Дата:
Oh, I change my terminal settings (gnome-terminal), it works, thanks very much!
Yours,
Wen Yi