Обсуждение: Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

От
David Steele
Дата:
Hi,

I removed a post from planet postgres to get it updated with some
corrections that we made after publishing. That worked from fine on
planet postgres, but now postgresql.org has two copies of the blog, one
with a broken link. This broken link has also been posted to twitter
(somebody commented on it) along with the good link.

The blog is: pgBackRest File Bundling and Block Incremental Backup

Anything we can do about this?

Thanks!
-David

Re: Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 4:26 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I removed a post from planet postgres to get it updated with some
> corrections that we made after publishing. That worked from fine on
> planet postgres, but now postgresql.org has two copies of the blog, one
> with a broken link. This broken link has also been posted to twitter
> (somebody commented on it) along with the good link.
>
> The blog is: pgBackRest File Bundling and Block Incremental Backup
>
> Anything we can do about this?

Hi!

Yeah, the website picking that up properly is a TODO :/

I've manually zapped the incorrect entry now. And yes, reporting it
here (or to webmaster) is the right, and currently only, think to do.
Thanks!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 6/12/23 18:48, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 4:26 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I removed a post from planet postgres to get it updated with some
>> corrections that we made after publishing. That worked from fine on
>> planet postgres, but now postgresql.org has two copies of the blog, one
>> with a broken link. This broken link has also been posted to twitter
>> (somebody commented on it) along with the good link.
>>
>> The blog is: pgBackRest File Bundling and Block Incremental Backup
>>
>> Anything we can do about this?
>
> Yeah, the website picking that up properly is a TODO :/
>
> I've manually zapped the incorrect entry now. And yes, reporting it
> here (or to webmaster) is the right, and currently only, think to do.
> Thanks!

Thank you, Magnus. I have confirmed that the bogus entry on
postgresql.org is gone.

Any chance to remove the tweet with the bad link:
https://twitter.com/planetpostgres/status/1667196238318452737?

Thanks,
-David

Re: Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 8:33 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:

> On 6/12/23 18:48, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 4:26 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I removed a post from planet postgres to get it updated with some
> >> corrections that we made after publishing. That worked from fine on
> >> planet postgres, but now postgresql.org has two copies of the blog, one
> >> with a broken link. This broken link has also been posted to twitter
> >> (somebody commented on it) along with the good link.
> >>
> >> The blog is: pgBackRest File Bundling and Block Incremental Backup
> >>
> >> Anything we can do about this?
> >
> > Yeah, the website picking that up properly is a TODO :/
> >
> > I've manually zapped the incorrect entry now. And yes, reporting it
> > here (or to webmaster) is the right, and currently only, think to do.
> > Thanks!
>
> Thank you, Magnus. I have confirmed that the bogus entry on
> postgresql.org is gone.
>
> Any chance to remove the tweet with the bad link:
> https://twitter.com/planetpostgres/status/1667196238318452737?

Sadly there's no trivial way to do this -  and given how far down
below the fold it's fallen now, I doubt it's worth doing anymore.

I once got started on updating the planet code to be able to do it
automatically, but never quite finished. And right now I think it's
stuck with also needing major api upgrades to touch anything else, due
to the twitter api restrictions.

//Magnus

Re: Planet PostgreSQL blog posted twice on postgresql.org

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 6/15/23 15:44, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 8:33 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>
>> Any chance to remove the tweet with the bad link:
>> https://twitter.com/planetpostgres/status/1667196238318452737?
>
> Sadly there's no trivial way to do this -  and given how far down
> below the fold it's fallen now, I doubt it's worth doing anymore.
>
> I once got started on updating the planet code to be able to do it
> automatically, but never quite finished. And right now I think it's
> stuck with also needing major api upgrades to touch anything else, due
> to the twitter api restrictions.

No worries, Magnus. Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,
-David