Обсуждение: Fix regression tests to work with REGRESS_OPTS=--no-locale

Fix regression tests to work with REGRESS_OPTS=--no-locale

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

While doing some tests with the tree, I have noticed that we don't do
in the tests of unaccent the business that we have elsewhere
(test_regex, fuzzystrmatch, now hstore, collation tests, etc.) to make
the tests portable when these tests include UTF-8 characters but the
regression database cannot support that.

It took some time to notice that, which makes me wonder how relevant
this stuff is these days..  Anyway, I would like to do like the others
and fix it, so I am proposing the attached.

Thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Fix regression tests to work with REGRESS_OPTS=--no-locale

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:52:13PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> It took some time to notice that, which makes me wonder how relevant
> this stuff is these days..  Anyway, I would like to do like the others
> and fix it, so I am proposing the attached.

Please find attached a v2 that removes the ENCODING and NO_LOCALE
flags from meson.build and Makefile, that I forgot to clean up
previously.  Note that I am not planning to do anything here until at
least v17 opens for business.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Fix regression tests to work with REGRESS_OPTS=--no-locale

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 20.06.23 05:46, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:52:13PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> It took some time to notice that, which makes me wonder how relevant
>> this stuff is these days..  Anyway, I would like to do like the others
>> and fix it, so I am proposing the attached.
>
> Please find attached a v2 that removes the ENCODING and NO_LOCALE
> flags from meson.build and Makefile, that I forgot to clean up
> previously.  Note that I am not planning to do anything here until at
> least v17 opens for business.

I think it makes sense to make those checks consistent.

Re: Fix regression tests to work with REGRESS_OPTS=--no-locale

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 08:48:22AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think it makes sense to make those checks consistent.

Thanks for the review!

The last thing that sets ENCODING is test_oat_hooks, for stability.
NO_LOCALE is used in test_oat_hooks and test_extensions (71cac85).  I
am not planning to touch any of these.
--
Michael

Вложения