Обсуждение: What does invalid_transaction_state 25000 mean

What does invalid_transaction_state 25000 mean

От
Debraj Manna
Дата:
Hi

Can someone let me know when Postgres throws an invalid_transaction_state, 25000 error ?

Postgres Version 14.2

Thanks

Re: What does invalid_transaction_state 25000 mean

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 6/19/23 15:35, Debraj Manna wrote:
> Can someone let me know when Postgres throws an
> invalid_transaction_state, 25000 error ?

Multiple reasons. What error message do you get?

Maybe this will help you figure out which case is applicable:

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Apostgres%2Fpostgres%20ERRCODE_INVALID_TRANSACTION_STATE&type=code

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Re: What does invalid_transaction_state 25000 mean

От
Debraj Manna
Дата:
Thanks for replying.

I am seeing the below error message Postgres JDBC driver

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not serialize access due to read/write dependencies among transactions  Detail: Reason code: Canceled on identification as a pivot, during conflict in checking.  Hint: The transaction might succeed if retried.  at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiv

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 1:31 AM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 6/19/23 15:35, Debraj Manna wrote:
> Can someone let me know when Postgres throws an
> invalid_transaction_state, 25000 error ?

Multiple reasons. What error message do you get?

Maybe this will help you figure out which case is applicable:

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Apostgres%2Fpostgres%20ERRCODE_INVALID_TRANSACTION_STATE&type=code

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases

Re: What does invalid_transaction_state 25000 mean

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Tue, 2023-06-20 at 13:25 +0530, Debraj Manna wrote:
> I am seeing the below error message Postgres JDBC driver
>
> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not serialize access due to read/write dependencies among
transactions
>   Detail: Reason code: Canceled on identification as a pivot, during conflict in checking.
>   Hint: The transaction might succeed if retried.
>   at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiv

Your application is using the SERIALIZATION idolation level, and
PostgreSQL detected a potential anomaly.

ROLLBACK and retry the transaction.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe