Обсуждение: version control based configuration in Postgresql

version control based configuration in Postgresql

От
Nikhil Ingale
Дата:
Hi All,
I would like to know how to perform version control based configuration backup for the postgresql database.

Regards,
Nikhil Ingale

Re: version control based configuration in Postgresql

От
Licio Matos
Дата:
Hi!

You can use such tools like liquidbase or flyway.
You can track DDL/DML scripts and versioning in some git tools either.

Licio Matos

--
Licio Matos

Re: version control based configuration in Postgresql

От
Nikhil Ingale
Дата:
Okay, Does BARMAN and BART tools support version control configuration?

On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 4:20 PM Licio Matos <licio.matos@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

You can use such tools like liquidbase or flyway.
You can track DDL/DML scripts and versioning in some git tools either.

Licio Matos

Em seg., 3 de jul. de 2023 às 07:19, Nikhil Ingale <niks.bgm@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hi All,
I would like to know how to perform version control based configuration backup for the postgresql database.

Regards,
Nikhil Ingale
--
Licio Matos

Re: version control based configuration in Postgresql

От
Holger Jakobs
Дата:
Am 03.07.23 um 12:18 schrieb Nikhil Ingale:
> Hi All,
> I would like to know how to perform version control based
> configuration backup for the postgresql database.
>
> Regards,
> Nikhil Ingale

If it's about the postgresql.conf, pg_hba.conf, pg_ident_conf and files
in the conf.d subdirectory, any version control system will do.

Whether it's git, bazaar, mercurial or fossil.

I version all my configurations (all of /etc) with https://fossil-scm.org

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Вложения

Re: version control based configuration in Postgresql

От
Ron
Дата:
Version control software was designed to control the versions of text files.  BarMan is configured using text files.

On 7/3/23 05:56, Nikhil Ingale wrote:
Okay, Does BARMAN and BART tools support version control configuration?

On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 4:20 PM Licio Matos <licio.matos@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

You can use such tools like liquidbase or flyway.
You can track DDL/DML scripts and versioning in some git tools either.

Licio Matos

Em seg., 3 de jul. de 2023 às 07:19, Nikhil Ingale <niks.bgm@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hi All,
I would like to know how to perform version control based configuration backup for the postgresql database.

Regards,
Nikhil Ingale
--
Licio Matos