Обсуждение: transaction example just pathetic

transaction example just pathetic

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/tutorial-transactions.html

The explanation of transactions is pathetic.  Why are you showing bad
design...then saying it doesn't matter.   And then in your transaction
block, you only show one update statement.   Well, you just could have shown
the complete example if you didn't have the two stupid branch updates to
begin with.   And you want people to believe postgres is good, get its
documentation is so poor.

Re: transaction example just pathetic

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Thu, 2023-07-13 at 18:59 +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/tutorial-transactions.html
>
> The explanation of transactions is pathetic.  Why are you showing bad
> design...then saying it doesn't matter.   And then in your transaction
> block, you only show one update statement.   Well, you just could have shown
> the complete example if you didn't have the two stupid branch updates to
> begin with.   And you want people to believe postgres is good, get its
> documentation is so poor.

The documentation is not half as bad as this unspecific problem report.

But I guess you are out to rant, not to get anything improved.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe