Обсуждение: backup_manifest rename to backup_manifest.old after successful postgres start up

backup_manifest rename to backup_manifest.old after successful postgres start up

От
Gert Cuykens
Дата:
Hi, suggest to automatically rename backup_manifest to backup_manifest.old like backup_label when postgres start up successfully because it has no use anymore for pg_verifybackup after postgres has been started.

Re: backup_manifest rename to backup_manifest.old after successful postgres start up

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 01:53:23AM +0200, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> Hi, suggest to automatically rename backup_manifest to backup_manifest.old
> like backup_label when postgres start up successfully because it has no use
> anymore for pg_verifybackup after postgres has been started.

Yes, I would agree with you that it is not especially useful to keep
it around once the cluster has been recovered from a base backup.  It
would actually lead to various errors if attempting to run
pg_verifybackup on its data folder, for instance.
--
Michael

Вложения