Обсуждение: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Kaushal Shriyan
Дата:
Hi,

I am running MySQL DB 8.0.34 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa). Is there a way to import MySQL DB along with data to PostgreSQL 14 database server?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Ken Marshall
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 07:31:02PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running MySQL DB 8.0.34 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7
> (Ootpa). Is there a way to import MySQL DB along with data to PostgreSQL 14
> database server?
>
> Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kaushal

Hi Kaushal,

Ora2Pg may work for you:

https://ora2pg.darold.net/

Regards,
Ken

Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 7/30/23 07:11, Ken Marshall wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 07:31:02PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running MySQL DB 8.0.34 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7
>> (Ootpa). Is there a way to import MySQL DB along with data to PostgreSQL 14
>> database server?
>>
>> Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kaushal
>
> Hi Kaushal,
>
> Ora2Pg may work for you:
>
> https://ora2pg.darold.net/

There is also pgloader:

https://pgloader.io/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Kaushal Shriyan
Дата:
Thanks Ken and Adrian for the quick email response. Really appreciate it. Thanks once again👍

Best Regards,

Kaushal

On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 8:23 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 7/30/23 07:11, Ken Marshall wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 07:31:02PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running MySQL DB 8.0.34 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7
>> (Ootpa). Is there a way to import MySQL DB along with data to PostgreSQL 14
>> database server?
>>
>> Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Kaushal
>
> Hi Kaushal,
>
> Ora2Pg may work for you:
>
> https://ora2pg.darold.net/

There is also pgloader:

https://pgloader.io/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Ron
Дата:
On 7/30/23 09:01, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running MySQL DB 8.0.34 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7
> (Ootpa). Is there a way to import MySQL DB along with data to PostgreSQL
> 14 database server?
>
> Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Depending on the size of the database, the "exoticness" of the datatypes,
the amount of downtime available and how complicated any stored procedures
and triggers are, simple CSV export/import might do the trick.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Thanks Ron for the suggestion. Much appreciated. Are there any PostgreSQL GUI applications for MacOS, Windows and Linux similar to MySQL Workbench (https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/) ?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Re: Migrating MySQL DB to PostgreSQL DB.

От
Tom Browder
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 19:36 Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote: