Обсуждение: RE: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16 Beta 3 Released!

RE: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16 Beta 3 Released!

От
Peter-Paul Gras

The download links provided in your email announcing the release of new versions doe not show the correct new versions….

Kind Regards,

Peter-Paul Gras

Re: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16 Beta 3 Released!

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 8/10/23 10:12 AM, Peter-Paul Gras wrote:
> The download links provided in your email announcing the release of new
> versions doe not show the correct new versions….

Can you please elaborate? I click on the "download" link, which goes to
the download page. When I click on source code[1], all the correct
versions are present.

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/

Вложения

Re: [filtered] Re: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16Beta 3 Released!

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
[please keep replies on the mailing list]

On 8/10/23 10:33 AM, Peter-Paul Gras wrote:
> Sure,
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
> <https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>

You will need to reach out to EDB about this, as we do not control the
state of downloads that are not directly hosted on the PostgreSQL
infrastructure. There is a note on the downloads pages that provides
more info:

"Note! This installer is hosted by EDB and not on the PostgreSQL
community servers. If you have issues with the website it's hosted on,
please contact webmaster@enterprisedb.com."[1]

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

Вложения

Re: [filtered] Re: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16Beta 3 Released!

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
On 2023-08-11 00:58, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> [please keep replies on the mailing list]

Also noticed something else a bit non-optimal.  The info about the
post-upgrade BRIN indexing steps is different between the online
Release Notes vs what was sent out in the email.

Email:

   If you use
[BRIN]((https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/brin-intro.html))
   indexes to  look up `NULL` values, you will need to
[reindex](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-reindex.html)
   them after upgrading to this release. On PostgreSQL 12 and above, you
can use
   [`REINDEX
CONCURRENTLY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-reindex.html)
   to avoid blocking writes to the affected index and table, for example:

   ```
   REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY your_index_name;
   ```

Release notes:

   Fix confusion between empty (no rows) ranges and all-NULL ranges in
BRIN indexes,
   as well as incorrect merging of all-NULL summaries (Tomas Vondra)

   Each of these oversights could result in forgetting that a BRIN index
range
   contains any NULL values, potentially allowing subsequent queries that
should
   return NULL values to miss doing so.

   This fix will not in itself correct faulty BRIN entries. It's
recommended to
   REINDEX any BRIN indexes that may be used to search for nulls.

The email has extra, helping info for people doing the upgrade.  That
should
probably be added to the web accessible release notes as well. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: [filtered] Re: PostgreSQL 15.4, 14.9, 13.12, 12.16, 11.21, and PostgreSQL 16Beta 3 Released!

От
Dave Page

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 at 15:58, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
[please keep replies on the mailing list]

On 8/10/23 10:33 AM, Peter-Paul Gras wrote:
> Sure,
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
> <https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>

You will need to reach out to EDB about this, as we do not control the
state of downloads that are not directly hosted on the PostgreSQL
infrastructure. There is a note on the downloads pages that provides
more info:

"Note! This installer is hosted by EDB and not on the PostgreSQL
community servers. If you have issues with the website it's hosted on,
please contact webmaster@enterprisedb.com."[1]

Apologies for this - it's been resolved now and the releases should be accessible (as of some time last night).

I won't bore you with the details, but essentially it was down to a change in the way the EDB website is deployed. The CIO has taken steps to ensure that is not a bottleneck in the future.