Обсуждение: Simplify create_merge_append_path a bit for clarity

Simplify create_merge_append_path a bit for clarity

От
Richard Guo
Дата:
As explained in the comments for generate_orderedappend_paths, we don't
currently support parameterized MergeAppend paths, and it doesn't seem
like going to change anytime soon.  Based on that,  we could simplify
create_merge_append_path a bit, such as set param_info to NULL directly
rather than call get_appendrel_parampathinfo() for it.  We already have
an Assert on that in create_merge_append_plan.

I understand that the change would not make any difference for
performance, it's just for clarity's sake.

Thanks
Richard
Вложения

Re: Simplify create_merge_append_path a bit for clarity

От
Alena Rybakina
Дата:
Hi!

On 11.08.2023 05:31, Richard Guo wrote:
> As explained in the comments for generate_orderedappend_paths, we don't
> currently support parameterized MergeAppend paths, and it doesn't seem
> like going to change anytime soon.  Based on that,  we could simplify
> create_merge_append_path a bit, such as set param_info to NULL directly
> rather than call get_appendrel_parampathinfo() for it.  We already have
> an Assert on that in create_merge_append_plan.
>
> I understand that the change would not make any difference for
> performance, it's just for clarity's sake.

I agree with you, and we can indeed directly set the param_info value to
NULL, and there are enough comments here to explain.

I didn't find anything else to add in your patch.

--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 6:00 PM Alena Rybakina <lena.ribackina@yandex.ru> wrote:
I agree with you, and we can indeed directly set the param_info value to
NULL, and there are enough comments here to explain.

I didn't find anything else to add in your patch.

Thanks for reviewing this patch!

Thanks
Richard