Обсуждение: regexp_replace weirdness amounts to a bug?

regexp_replace weirdness amounts to a bug?

От
Erik Rijkers
Дата:
Hello,

The following surprised me enough to think it might be a bug:
(17devel)

select
    regexp_replace('Abc Def'
   , '([a-z]) ([A-Z])'
   , '\1 ' || lower('\2')  );

regexp_replace
----------------
  Abc Def
(1 row)

-- 'Abc Def' got
-- 'Abc def' expected

What do you think?

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers

Re: regexp_replace weirdness amounts to a bug?

От
Malthe
Дата:
Hi Erik,

The regexp doesn't match your string because you're not allowing for
any repeat characters, try adding a '+'.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 at 09:07, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following surprised me enough to think it might be a bug:
> (17devel)
>
> select
>     regexp_replace('Abc Def'
>    , '([a-z]) ([A-Z])'
>    , '\1 ' || lower('\2')  );
>
> regexp_replace
> ----------------
>   Abc Def
> (1 row)
>
> -- 'Abc Def' got
> -- 'Abc def' expected
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik Rijkers

Re: regexp_replace weirdness amounts to a bug?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2023-Aug-16, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following surprised me enough to think it might be a bug:
> (17devel)
>
> select
>    regexp_replace('Abc Def'
>   , '([a-z]) ([A-Z])'
>   , '\1 ' || lower('\2')  );
>
> regexp_replace
> ----------------
>  Abc Def

What's happening here is that the lower() is applying to the literal \2,
and the expansion of \2 to 'D' occurs afterwards, when lower() has
already executed.  Note this other example, where the literal part of
the replacement string is correctly lowercased:

select
   regexp_replace('Abc Def'
  , '\1 ' || lower('D\2D'));
 regexp_replace
 Abc dDdef
(1 fila)

I don't know how to achieve what you want.

#error "Operator lives in the wrong universe"
  ("Use of cookies in real-time system development", M. Gleixner, M. Mc Guire)