Обсуждение: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Vibhor Kumar

Hi everyone,

I would like to have my name added to the Speaker Bureau list. Could you please guide me through the process of updating the following wiki page: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Speaker_Bureau

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vibhor

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Hi Vibhor,

You should be able to edit yourself

Dave

--
Dave Cramer

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Vibhor Kumar

Hello Dave,

Appreciate your response. I attempted to make updates to the wiki page; however, I couldn't locate the option for editing.
Can you please guide me through the process of updating it?

Best regards,
Vibhor
On Aug 18, 2023, at 11:50 AM, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Vibhor,

You should be able to edit yourself

Dave

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 8:26 AM Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.aim@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to have my name added to the Speaker Bureau list. Could you please guide me through the process of updating the following wiki page: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Speaker_Bureau
Thank you!

Best regards,
Vibhor
--
Dave Cramer

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Good Morning Vibhor,

In the top right hand corner there is a link to log in. You need to log in  PostgreSQL: then you can edit it.
Alternatively there is link top middle which points to  WikiEditing - PostgreSQL wiki

Dave Cramer

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 at 07:55, Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.aim@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le 21/08/2023 à 13:55, Vibhor Kumar a écrit :

> Appreciate your response. I attempted to make updates to the wiki
> page; however, I couldn't locate the option for editing.
> Can you please guide me through the process of updating it?

Vibhor, note that the Edit button is a tab button on the top (third from
the left: page, discussion, edit, ...)

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Expertise, Support, Training, R&D

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Vibhor Kumar

Hi Dave,

On Aug 21, 2023, at 7:57 AM, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:

Good Morning Vibhor,

In the top right hand corner there is a link to log in. You need to log in  PostgreSQL: then you can edit it.
Alternatively there is link top middle which points to  WikiEditing - PostgreSQL wiki

I'm uncertain whether it's a permission problem or another issue. I've attached snapshots for your reference. The option for "EDIT" isn't visible to me.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 8.19.39 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-21 at 8.20.20 AM.png

Best regards,
Vibhor
Вложения

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Yes, you have to request access now. Send an email to the www mailing list.

Dave Cramer

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 at 08:23, Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.aim@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

On Aug 21, 2023, at 7:57 AM, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:

Good Morning Vibhor,

In the top right hand corner there is a link to log in. You need to log in  PostgreSQL: then you can edit it.
Alternatively there is link top middle which points to  WikiEditing - PostgreSQL wiki

I'm uncertain whether it's a permission problem or another issue. I've attached snapshots for your reference. The option for "EDIT" isn't visible to me.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 8.19.39 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-21 at 8.20.20 AM.png

Best regards,
Vibhor
Вложения

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2023-Aug-21, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Yes, you have to request access now. Send an email to the www mailing list.

No need.  I have just added Editor to his privs and he can edit wiki
pages now.

Cheers

"Postgres is bloatware by design: it was built to house
 PhD theses." (Joey Hellerstein, SIGMOD annual conference 2002)

Re: Wiki editor request -Speaker Bureau

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
> On Aug 21, 2023, at 8:36 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2023-Aug-21, Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> Yes, you have to request access now. Send an email to the www mailing list.
>
> No need.  I have just added Editor to his privs and he can edit wiki
> pages now.

Thank you, Alvaro! I now have the option to make edits.

Best regards,
Vibhor