Обсуждение: add (void) cast inside advance_aggregates for function ExecEvalExprSwitchContext

add (void) cast inside advance_aggregates for function ExecEvalExprSwitchContext

От
jian he
Дата:
Hi.
In src/backend/executor/nodeAgg.c
817: advance_aggregates(AggState *aggstate)

Do we need to add "(void)" before ExecEvalExprSwitchContext?

Re: add (void) cast inside advance_aggregates for function ExecEvalExprSwitchContext

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 3 Sep 2023, at 05:16, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> In src/backend/executor/nodeAgg.c
> 817: advance_aggregates(AggState *aggstate)
>
> Do we need to add "(void)" before ExecEvalExprSwitchContext?

I don't think we need to, but we could since we are in fact discardnig the
return value.  Did you get a compiler warning on unchecked return, and if so
with which flags?

--
Daniel Gustafsson