Обсуждение: ./configure doesn't make effect?

./configure doesn't make effect?

От
jacktby jacktby
Дата:
I use “rm -rf /data”, the ‘/data’ is the prefix when I execute ./configure command firstly, but after I ‘rm’ it, and
usethe command again, I can’t get the /data content. Why?

Re: ./configure doesn't make effect?

От
Erik Wienhold
Дата:
On 05/09/2023 13:41 CEST jacktby jacktby <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use “rm -rf /data”, the ‘/data’ is the prefix when I execute ./configure
> command firstly, but after I ‘rm’ it, and use the command again, I can’t get
> the /data content. Why?

./configure only configures make.  You need to run  make install  to create
the installation directory as part of the installation process.

--
Erik

Re: ./configure doesn't make effect?

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Tuesday, September 5, 2023, jacktby jacktby <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote:
I use “rm -rf /data”, the ‘/data’ is the prefix when I execute ./configure command firstly, but after I ‘rm’ it, and use the command again, I can’t get the /data content. Why?

You might want to show a terminal transcript, your description is unclear.

David J.

Re: ./configure doesn't make effect?

От
jacktby jacktby
Дата:
Sorry, I make a mistake, I should make install. That’s my fault

2023年9月5日 20:08,Jeremy Garniaux <jeremy@mapper.fr> 写道:

Hi,

The command you described:

Le 05/09/2023 à 13:41, jacktby jacktby a écrit :
rm -rf /data

has for effect to remove the /data directory and all its content. See: https://explainshell.com/explain?cmd=rm+-rf+%2Fdata

It explains why you don't get the /data content.

Jeremy

Jeremy Garniaux
https://mapper.fr

Re: ./configure doesn't make effect?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 9/5/23 06:07, jacktby jacktby wrote:
> Sorry, I make a mistake, I should make install. That’s my fault

FYI, that will not create the data/ directory by itself. You will need
to do that yourself.

See the steps here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-short.html

The above assumes you have left --prefix to be the default of
/usr/local/pgsql. If not adjust accordingly.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com