Обсуждение: Missing word? https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL

Missing word? https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL

От
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
Дата:
Hi,

"Another way to archive is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"

shouldn't this read:
"Another way to archive this is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"

Regards
Daniel

On Mon, 2023-10-30 at 13:15 +0000, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:
> "Another way to archive is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"
>
> shouldn't this read:
> "Another way to archive this is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"

That would be worse than the original.  What is "this"?

I'd suggest "Another way to archive WAL ...".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Missing word? https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL

От
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
Дата:
>>> "Another way to archive is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"
>>
>> shouldn't this read:
>> "Another way to archive this is to use a custom archive module as the archive_library"

>That would be worse than the original.  What is "this"?
>I'd suggest "Another way to archive WAL ...".

I've misread archive as achieve. Sorry for the noise

Regards
Daniel