Обсуждение: Proposal obfuscate password in pg logs

Proposal obfuscate password in pg logs

От
Guanqun Yang
Дата:
hey guys,

We notice Postgres logs, pg_stat_statements and pg_stat_activity will record passwords when using "CREATE" statement to create user with password. Can we provide users with an option to obfuscate those passwords?

Yours,
Guanqun

Re: Proposal obfuscate password in pg logs

Дата:
Guanqun Yang <gy2025@nyu.edu> writes:
> We notice Postgres logs, pg_stat_statements and pg_stat_activity will
> record passwords when using "CREATE" statement to create user with
> password. Can we provide users with an option to obfuscate those passwords?

See the many, many prior discussions of this idea.
The short answer is that you're better off securing your logs.

            regards, tom lane