Обсуждение: pgsql: doc PG 17 relnotes: add item about pg_collation column renames

pgsql: doc PG 17 relnotes: add item about pg_collation column renames

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
doc PG 17 relnotes:  add item about pg_collation column renames

Reported-by: David G. Johnston

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAKFQuwYRw30QaWrSsL57k3L_=zdQ4JTgY9pGnnhm42B7fGJX1A@mail.gmail.com

Backpatch-through: master

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d537b2e037e580b03c284bf3fcb02be6c3d5c8f2

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/release-17.sgml | 15 +++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 15 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: doc PG 17 relnotes: add item about pg_collation column renames

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:14 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
doc PG 17 relnotes:  add item about pg_collation column renames

 +     <structname>pg_collation</structname>.<structfield>daticulocale</structfield>

The daticulocale name (dat prefix) exists on pg_database, not pg_collation.

David J.

Re: pgsql: doc PG 17 relnotes: add item about pg_collation column renames

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:18:45AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:14 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     doc PG 17 relnotes:  add item about pg_collation column renames
>

>  +     <structname>pg_collation</structname>.<structfield>daticulocale</
> structfield>
>
> The daticulocale name (dat prefix) exists on pg_database, not pg_collation.

Thank you very much, fixed.  I am not sure why, but when I am working on
the release notes for hours, I am focused, but when I do one-off fixes,
I am more likely to make mistakes.

Re: pgsql: doc PG 17 relnotes: add item about pg_collation column renames

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 03:08:50PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The daticulocale name (dat prefix) exists on pg_database, not pg_collation.
>
> Thank you very much, fixed.  I am not sure why, but when I am working on
> the release notes for hours, I am focused, but when I do one-off fixes,
> I am more likely to make mistakes.

And, of course, my apology for the mistake.