Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?

От Sacha Kerres
Тема Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/config-setting.html

postgres -c log_connections=yes -c log_destination='syslog'

or

export PGOPTIONS="-c geqo=off -c statement_timeout=5min"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sacha Kerres
Kerres-EDV Beratung
Deglhof 45-47
93142 Maxhütte-Haidhof

Tel. +49 9471 60 14 14
Mobil. +49 171 210 48 46
E-Mail. skerres@kerres-edv.de

Original Message processed by david®
How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts? 2. November 2023, 18:01 Uhr
VonRon
AnPgsql-admin
Pg 14, if it matters.

When doing maintenance (including a giant pg_restore), sometime one wants to run with different configuration values (like archivemode=off, wal_level=minimal, autovacuum=off, etc).

I could edit postgresql.conf -- or have two of them: one normal, and one for doing maintenance -- but if I'm going to restart anyway, why not just pass those parameters directly to the postmaster?

Alas, those config values are remembered in postmaster.opts.  But I don't want that.

Thus: is there a way to tell pg to not put those options in postmaster.opts?

Or is this my only option before restarting for production:
which postgres > $PGDATA/postmaster.opts

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

To: ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com
    pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
От: Nikhil Shetty
Сообщение: Re: statement_timeout has no effect if sync standby is unavailable