Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
Дата
Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

Alas, those config values are remembered in postmaster.opts.  But I don't want that.

I don’t know where this file is even documented ATM but my understanding is it just shows you the values used during the last startup.  It doesn’t remember anything in any real sense because it isn’t used by the system to determine what those parameter values should be during startup.

Use the -c functionality for your manual maintenance boots and just let the normal startup mechanism do whatever it does when you re-engage it.

David J.

От: Ron
Сообщение: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
От: "Sacha Kerres"
Сообщение: Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?