Re: bigserial field in a view, nextval function ?

От Zlatko Matic
Тема Re: bigserial field in a view, nextval function ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, my front-end is MS Access, and Access sees views as tables.
When I have forms with subforms there is a problem with linking them if
table has no primary key. As Access thinks that a view is a table, I need a
primary key in the view.
Also, Access doesn't like text field of ODBC-linked table to be primary key
(#Deleted phenomena#). Instead, it should be a numeric field.
Therefore, I would like to have an autoincrement field, which Access will
consider as primary key...I need a calculated bigserial field...
Can I accomplish it whith nextval ?

Greetings,

Zlatko

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem options for storing pg_data
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Suggestions