Re: Suggestions

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Suggestions
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 08:42, syed magthum wrote:
> Hi
>   We are likely to build a desktop application in
> VB.Net and we are in a hunt to go for a database.We
> need a free version basically if it dosnt meets our
> demand then we can go for the developer versions.
>

>  For our application it may run as client server
> application may be of 10 concurrent users,with 40
> tables of 10000 rows for 2 r 3 tables and others
> mostly of 1000 rows.
>
>  We heard about the MSDE runtime version which is
> free..
>
>  How far this PostgreSql suits us comparing to the
> MSDE or MySql which is also free..

PostgreSQL could work fine, make sure you have your application setup to
vacuum the database every so often.

Firebird is also a good choice for what you're doing, and may be easier
to install along side your own software.

If you're doing very simple SQL work, then SQLLite might be a good
choice.

От: "Zlatko Matic"
Сообщение: Re: bigserial field in a view, nextval function ?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP vs actual time