RE: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

I have noticed the same thing   But at that point my concern was
truncation of segmented relations. AFAIC concurrent xactions
invalidate relcache entry when StartTransaction() or Command-
CounterIncrement() is called.  Unfortunately vacuum couldn't stop
other sessions from executing StartTransaction() nor Command-
CounterIncrement().

>    more and more. Each MdfdVed requires own fd.c:Vfd entry -> below
>
> 2. fd.c:pg_nofile()->sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) returns in FreeBSD
>    near total number of files that can be opened in system
>    (by _all_ users/procs). With total number of opened files
>    ~ 2000 I can run your test with 10-20 simultaneous
>    xactions for very short time, -:)

I have remembered another thing.
Someone has already reported to ML in Japan and I was able to
find the cause easily thanks to him.

vacuum calls open() directly to create pg_vlock file.
Sometimes I was not able to open the file because of the lack of
file descriptors().
FileNameOpenFile()/FileClose() etc should be called instead of
open()/close() etc ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Problem when reloading data from older version
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...