copy a large table raises out of memory exception

От A. Ozen Akyurek
Тема copy a large table raises out of memory exception
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We have a large table (about 9,000,000 rows and total size is about 2.8 GB)
which is exported to a binary file. Postgre 8.2 is running on a Windows 2003
Small business Server which has a 2 GB RAM. When we run "copy tablename from
filepath" command, memory usage increases up to 1.8 GB and postgre raises
exception "out of memory". If we copy a small part of the table (e.g
1,000,000 rows) everything works fine.

As far as I understand, postgre is trying to load all the rows into RAM
before writing it to the database. I tried running postgre with several
different configuration parameters but the result is same. Did anybody face
a similar problem?

Kind regards
A. Ozen Akyurek

От: Jay
Сообщение: WHERE (columnX IN (x,y,z)) ORDER BY columnY conflict
От: "Matthew Pulis"
Сообщение: Re: Improving the timing of a query