Re: pg_dump

От Bob Pawley
Тема Re: pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Erik. In between those attempts I did try what you suggest.

It failed, apparently due to not making a connection with the server.

Bob
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Jones" <erik@myemma.com>
To: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley@shaw.ca>
Cc: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump

On Dec 7, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having a little more success with the pg_dump command.  However, I
> still seem to have something wrong.
>
> I use the following command after navigating to the bin file -
>
> pg_dump -h localhost -d Aurel -U postgres
>
> After six attempts -
>
> Each attempt processed the database and the command prompt  announced a
> successful completion.
>
> after 3 attempts - no dump file was found
> after 2 attempts - a dump file of 0kb was found.
> after the sixth attempt a good dump file of 4 meg made it to the  bin
> folder. I was able to install this file successfully.
>
> Is it usual to require multiple attempts for each successful dump???
>
> If not, does anyone have thoughts on where  the problem could be??

If that's all you're doing then I'm surprised you ever saw a file at
all.  pg_dump writes to standard output unless you give it a file
name to write to with the -f flag.  So, from your bin directory (I
normally just put it in my environment PATH variable).

./pg_dump -h localhost -d Aurel -U postgres -f dumpfile.sql

or

.pg_dump -h localhost -d Aurel -U postgres > dumpfile.sql

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

От: Shelby Cain
Сообщение: Column pgl.transaction does not exist in 8.3 beta 4
От: Marc Munro
Сообщение: Identifying casts