Why wont this update work?

От Robert Chalmers
Тема Why wont this update work?
Дата
Re: [SQL] Why wont this update work?
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,
trying to get this to work with pgsql, but it refuses to do anything...
  the table is called catalog. The field is called language and is a
varchar(3) field.  81 of the records have the letter 'E' in the language field. i want to
put 'NoD' in the rest.
 UPDATE catalog    SET language = 'NoD'    WHERE NOT language = 'E';

nor does
 UPDATE catalog    SET language = 'NoD'    WHERE language = 'NULL';    ........ or NULL and so on.

I can change the 81 letter 'E's to anything I like, but can not UPDATE the
blank fields..

can anyone tell me what I am missing here please?

Thanks
Bob

---  http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!
4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the original sounds of AFVN, with some of
the
original DJ's - back on air - and supporting not only the original Vets, in
comprehensive AFVN Archives, but putting together segments for the fighting
men and
women of todays services all around the world. World Music, for people of
the world.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Robert Chalmers
Сообщение: (no subject)
От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Why wont this update work?