Re: [SQL] Why wont this update work?

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: [SQL] Why wont this update work?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
UPDATE catalog      SET language = 'NoD'      WHERE language IS NULL;

Hope that helps,
Jason

  Hi,  trying to get this to work with pgsql, but it refuses to do anything...
     the table is called catalog. The field is called language and is a  varchar(3) field.     81 of the records have
theletter 'E' in the language field. i want to  put 'NoD' in the rest.

    UPDATE catalogSET language = 'NoD'WHERE NOT language = 'E';
  nor does
    UPDATE catalogSET language = 'NoD'WHERE language = 'NULL';    ........ or NULL and so on.
  I can change the 81 letter 'E's to anything I like, but can not UPDATE the  blank fields..
  can anyone tell me what I am missing here please?
  Thanks  Bob

  ---  http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!  4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the
originalsounds of AFVN, with some of  the  original DJ's - back on air - and supporting not only the original Vets, in
comprehensiveAFVN Archives, but putting together segments for the fighting  men and  women of todays services all
aroundthe world. World Music, for people of  the world.