schema diff tool problem with owner statements

От postgresql@yawebhost.com
Тема schema diff tool problem with owner statements
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I'm trying to compare 2 schemas (devschema is the source and testschema
is the target) and generate a script that can be run on the target that
will create the missing tables.  I ran the schema diff, and it generated
items like this:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS tablename
(
fields, etc
)
TABLESPACE pg_default;

ALTER TABLE IF EXISTS public.tablename
     OWNER to devschema;

When I run the script on testschema, I don't want it trying to alter the
owner of the table because that statement will fail anyway.

I found a setting in "preferences" called "ignore owner", and set it to
true (If set to True, then the Schema Diff tool ignores the owner while
comparing the objects.)

However, this setting has no effect.  The alter table statements still
get generated, and I am left to remove them manually.

If there is something I'm doing wrong please let me now.  I swear this
setting worked many months ago when I used this tool, but it seems to
not be working now.

Version 6.1 (downloaded and updated today)

Thank you,

Wes

От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: need help in restoring from tar file
От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Re: schema diff tool problem with owner statements