Re: schema diff tool problem with owner statements

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: schema diff tool problem with owner statements
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 12:45 AM <postgresql@yawebhost.com> wrote:
I'm trying to compare 2 schemas (devschema is the source and testschema
is the target) and generate a script that can be run on the target that
will create the missing tables.  I ran the schema diff, and it generated
items like this:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS tablename
(
fields, etc
)
TABLESPACE pg_default;

ALTER TABLE IF EXISTS public.tablename
     OWNER to devschema;

When I run the script on testschema, I don't want it trying to alter the
owner of the table because that statement will fail anyway.

I found a setting in "preferences" called "ignore owner", and set it to
true (If set to True, then the Schema Diff tool ignores the owner while
comparing the objects.)

However, this setting has no effect.  The alter table statements still
get generated, and I am left to remove them manually.

If there is something I'm doing wrong please let me now.  I swear this
setting worked many months ago when I used this tool, but it seems to
not be working now.

Version 6.1 (downloaded and updated today)

    This is by design, as at the time of comparison or generating the script we can't check the owner is exist on the target schema or not. Consider the case where the owner exists and the user wants to run the same DDL statement. I think the user needs to manually change the owner. There is a find and replace option in the query tool by which we can easily replace.

Thank you,

Wes

--
Thanks & Regards
Akshay Joshi

От: postgresql@yawebhost.com
Сообщение: schema diff tool problem with owner statements
От: postgresql@yawebhost.com
Сообщение: Re: schema diff tool problem with owner statements