Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello

> Not easily. It would certainly be *possible*, but you'd have to verify
> that every possible "downstream" consumer of it supports changing it and
> then actually implement it. This include both our own home-built systems
> (which would probably be "most doable" since they are off the same
> blueprints, but depending on exactly where else they store the username
> it could cause a lot of issues) and things like our redmine installation.
>
> UPDATE:ing the primary key in a distributed system has non-trivial
> implications...

What is the issue with redmine?

Maybe it would help to include some information about allowed characters
for the community account name on

https://www.postgresql.org/account/signup/

Just to avoid, at least, problems that are caused by special characters
like "@" in a mail address, as was here the case. It can happen easier
that somebody gets to the idea to use their mail address instead of a
nickname, because many internet sites force them to do so.

Just an idea, although as I mentioned before, this does not really seem
to be an issue coming up every second day.

Bye
Charles

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Charles Clavadetscher
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request