Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On 2023-Oct-24, Aditya D wrote:
>> Thanks a lot Holger and Ron for the reply and valuable inputs. AWS RDS or
>> any other PaaS PostgreSQL instances does not support Superuser and to avoid
>> multiple pg_dump statements from on-premises to PaaS, is there any
>> recommended way?

> I would do this using the following steps:

I kind of suspect that that's going to be a dead end.  If you can't
run dump and restore as superuser, it's going to be very hard to deal
with a multi-user database, unless you use --no-owner which of course
doesn't restore the multiple object ownerships.

You might have to resort to separately dumping the objects belonging
to each user, and then running each restore as that user.

От: Gambhir Singh
Сообщение: Predefined Role - pg_write_all_data
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy