Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2023-Oct-25, Tom Lane wrote:

> I kind of suspect that that's going to be a dead end.  If you can't
> run dump and restore as superuser, it's going to be very hard to deal
> with a multi-user database, unless you use --no-owner which of course
> doesn't restore the multiple object ownerships.
>
> You might have to resort to separately dumping the objects belonging
> to each user, and then running each restore as that user.

In Postgres you're probably right, but I understood that this is RDS,
which offers a superuser-of-sorts.  It allows some alien stuff to be
done.  Though ... re-reading the question, I see now he's saying it may
be RDS or maybe *other* DBaaS providers, so maybe it works and maybe it
doesn't, depending on the specifics.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy