Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy

От Ron
Тема Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/25/23 14:32, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2023-Oct-25, Tom Lane wrote:

I kind of suspect that that's going to be a dead end.  If you can't
run dump and restore as superuser, it's going to be very hard to deal
with a multi-user database, unless you use --no-owner which of course
doesn't restore the multiple object ownerships.

You might have to resort to separately dumping the objects belonging
to each user, and then running each restore as that user.
In Postgres you're probably right, but I understood that this is RDS,
which offers a superuser-of-sorts.  It allows some alien stuff to be
done.  Though ... re-reading the question, I see now he's saying it may
be RDS or maybe *other* DBaaS providers, so maybe it works and maybe it
doesn't, depending on the specifics.
You can definitely run CREATE ROLE, ALTER ROLE and GRANT statements in AWS RDS Postgresql. You're just not going to get password hashes.
--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: User/Roles, Owner, and privileges migration strategy
От: Victor Sudakov
Сообщение: pgbouncer's default_pool_size and server limits