Reading from a read-only BLOB is allowed

От Gonzalo Paniagua Javier
Тема Reading from a read-only BLOB is allowed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi!

It seems that postgres allows writing to a read-only blob opened like:

    fd = lo_open (cnc, oid, INV_READ);

I've attached a simple test case and the Makefile to build it.

I'm using postgresql 7.3.3 (7.3.3-1 is the debian package version).

Is that the intended behaviour or is it a bug?

-Gonzalo

P.S.: please, CC me as I'm not suscribed to this list. Thanks.

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo@gnome-db.org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/

От: Kevin Houle
Сообщение: Re: DBD::Pg 'lo_read' fails on >= 32768 byte large objects
От: andrea gelmini
Сообщение: error in docs