Re: BUG #2316: problems when Restore Backup in RHEL4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2316: problems when Restore Backup in RHEL4
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Teofilo Santos" <teofilo.santos@tjap.gov.br> writes:
> I made a pg_dumpall in a postgresql server without problems (using Red Hat
> 9. and postgresql 8.0.3), but when i attempt to restore this backup in a
> RHEL4 (kernel 2.6.9-5 64 bits )i receive a lot of erros: invalid command
> \n!

If you're using the RHEL4 version of Postgres (ie, 7.4.something), this
is unlikely to work --- dump files are very often not portable to older
server versions without manual editing, because they'll use new SQL
features that the older server doesn't understand.

Try paying attention to the *first* reported error, not the subsequent
ones, to get a better handle on what's going wrong.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2317: Wrong sorting order for (VW)
От: tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2318: language