Обсуждение: BUG #2316: problems when Restore Backup in RHEL4

BUG #2316: problems when Restore Backup in RHEL4

От
"Teofilo Santos"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2316
Logged by:          Teofilo Santos
Email address:      teofilo.santos@tjap.gov.br
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Details:

I made a pg_dumpall in a postgresql server without problems (using Red Hat
9. and postgresql 8.0.3), but when i attempt to restore this backup in a
RHEL4 (kernel 2.6.9-5 64 bits )i receive a lot of erros: invalid command
\n!

 I try to use Fedora Core 4 and i restore the the backup perfectly.

I used:
# pg_dumpall -U postgres > mybackup
# pqsl -U postgres template1 < mybackup

I think that i´m doing all the procedures right.

Could you help me!

Re: BUG #2316: problems when Restore Backup in RHEL4

Дата:
"Teofilo Santos" <teofilo.santos@tjap.gov.br> writes:
> I made a pg_dumpall in a postgresql server without problems (using Red Hat
> 9. and postgresql 8.0.3), but when i attempt to restore this backup in a
> RHEL4 (kernel 2.6.9-5 64 bits )i receive a lot of erros: invalid command
> \n!

If you're using the RHEL4 version of Postgres (ie, 7.4.something), this
is unlikely to work --- dump files are very often not portable to older
server versions without manual editing, because they'll use new SQL
features that the older server doesn't understand.

Try paying attention to the *first* reported error, not the subsequent
ones, to get a better handle on what's going wrong.

            regards, tom lane