Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 01:02:51PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, makes me wonder if the spinlock primitives actually work ...

> Yes, my thought too.

> With MAX_CONNECTIONS=3D1 only 5 tests fail, and reliably too:
>      opr_sanity               ... FAILED
> test errors                   ... FAILED
>      psql_crosstab            ... FAILED
>      select_views             ... FAILED
>      largeobject              ... FAILED (test process exited with exit =
code 2)

That's a smoking gun then.  Your GCC builtins don't work.

>> Assuming that you've got working core dump support and gdb,
>> getting stack traces from some of the crashes would be useful info.

> Agreed.  Unfortunately there's no gdb yet, and as above no core dumps
> in any case.

Hm.  You could look at the regression.diffs file to get more info
about what's happening.  But TBH, if you don't have GDB working
yet, it doesn't seem like making Postgres work is a higher priority
problem than that.

Once you've got GDB working, I'd be willing to help investigate,
if you can give me ssh access to a RISC-V box with a devel
environment installed.  Before that, it seems like a pretty
back-burner problem.

От: "Richard W.M. Jones"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V