Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V

От Richard W.M. Jones
Тема Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 02:45:18PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com> writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 01:02:51PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Hmm, makes me wonder if the spinlock primitives actually work ...
>
> > Yes, my thought too.
>
> > With MAX_CONNECTIONS=1 only 5 tests fail, and reliably too:
> >      opr_sanity               ... FAILED
> > test errors                   ... FAILED
> >      psql_crosstab            ... FAILED
> >      select_views             ... FAILED
> >      largeobject              ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2)
>
> That's a smoking gun then.  Your GCC builtins don't work.

Interesting .. I will look at this further.  In any case it's
a problem to be fixed in GCC.

> >> Assuming that you've got working core dump support and gdb,
> >> getting stack traces from some of the crashes would be useful info.
>
> > Agreed.  Unfortunately there's no gdb yet, and as above no core dumps
> > in any case.
>
> Hm.  You could look at the regression.diffs file to get more info
> about what's happening.  But TBH, if you don't have GDB working
> yet, it doesn't seem like making Postgres work is a higher priority
> problem than that.
>
> Once you've got GDB working, I'd be willing to help investigate,
> if you can give me ssh access to a RISC-V box with a devel
> environment installed.  Before that, it seems like a pretty
> back-burner problem.

No network => no ssh :-(

However if you really want to pursue this then we provide a qemu
emulator which can run Fedora/RISC-V:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/RISC-V/Disk_images

Unfortunately (also because of the lack of networking) you either have
to download the whole set of RPMs (27GB [sic]) or resolve RPM
dependencies by hand, so it's not especially practical at the moment.

We are hoping to have ASICs next year.

Rich.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
От: Sandeep Thakkar
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14425: Installation issues