Re: Full vacuum may reclaim space

От Gino.Barille@gmail.com
Тема Re: Full vacuum may reclaim space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 31, 12:11 am, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> Gino.Bari...@gmail.com writes:
> > Other than the fact that no space may need to be reclaimed is anyone
> > aware of any circumstance - e.g. use of numeric data types - where a
> > full vacuum will simply not reclaim space?
>
> There are several corner cases where the code will abandon shrinking.
> What are you concerned about exactly?

After a recent training course we have discovered that certain
settings may have prevented the full vacuum from doing the job
requested. I.e. our configuration was well out of whack.

Did want to say thanks to all for the feedback and I will connect
again of the problem persists.

От: Gabriele
Сообщение: PostGreSQL for a small Desktop Application
От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: Re: how to speed up query