Обсуждение: Full vacuum may reclaim space

Full vacuum may reclaim space

От
Gino.Barille@gmail.com
Дата:
Other than the fact that no space may need to be reclaimed is anyone
aware of any circumstance - e.g. use of numeric data types - where a
full vacuum will simply not reclaim space?

Re: Full vacuum may reclaim space

Дата:
Gino.Barille@gmail.com writes:
> Other than the fact that no space may need to be reclaimed is anyone
> aware of any circumstance - e.g. use of numeric data types - where a
> full vacuum will simply not reclaim space?

There are several corner cases where the code will abandon shrinking.
What are you concerned about exactly?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Full vacuum may reclaim space

От
Gino.Barille@gmail.com
Дата:
On May 31, 12:11 am, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> Gino.Bari...@gmail.com writes:
> > Other than the fact that no space may need to be reclaimed is anyone
> > aware of any circumstance - e.g. use of numeric data types - where a
> > full vacuum will simply not reclaim space?
>
> There are several corner cases where the code will abandon shrinking.
> What are you concerned about exactly?

After a recent training course we have discovered that certain
settings may have prevented the full vacuum from doing the job
requested. I.e. our configuration was well out of whack.

Did want to say thanks to all for the feedback and I will connect
again of the problem persists.