AW: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> > I don't see why a real view should still be createable by the old
> > create table then create rule way.
>
> Because we'll need to be able to read dump files created by existing
> versions of pg_dump.  If we don't cope with CREATE TABLE + CREATE RULE
> then restored-from-dump views won't really be views and will act
> differently from freshly created views.  Avoiding the resulting
> support headaches is worth a little bit of ugliness in the code.

Well, since an on select do instead rule on a whole table is offhand
only good for a view I do agree. (At least I can't think of another use)
The only worry I have is that it should not destroy the possibility for real

on select do instead rules on single attributes.

Andreas

От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: AW: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations