Re: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:19:36AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> > I don't see why a real view should still be createable by the old
> > create table then create rule way.
>
> Because we'll need to be able to read dump files created by existing
> versions of pg_dump.  If we don't cope with CREATE TABLE + CREATE RULE
> then restored-from-dump views won't really be views and will act
> differently from freshly created views.  Avoiding the resulting
> support headaches is worth a little bit of ugliness in the code.

So, this'd be a one release only sort of hack, for compatability? It'd
be born deprecated? Hmm, is someone keeping track of all the features
that have been deprecated, so they can be stripped out later?

Also, sounds like something for Lamar's future pg_upgrade rewrite.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: Patch for TNS services
От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations