compiling on debian does not find a valid PostgreSQL 8.4+ installati

От Giuseppe Sacco
Тема compiling on debian does not find a valid PostgreSQL 8.4+ installati
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,
in order to check an updated Italian translation, I would like to
compile pgadmin3 on my Debian box. This is what happens:

giuseppe@scarafaggio:~/src/cvs/pgadmin3$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgadmin3-1.14
[...]
checking for PQexec in -lpq... no
checking for PQconninfoParse in -lpq... no
checking for krb5_free_principal in -lpq... no
checking libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking PostgreSQL in /usr... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid PostgreSQL 8.4+ installation with --with-pgsql=DIR

I really do not understand what the problem is. I do have all packages
for 8.4 and 9.0 installed, as shown here:

||/ Nome                            Versione                        Descrizione

+++-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================
ii  postgresql-8.4                  8.4.8-2                         object-relational SQL database, version 8.4 server
ii  postgresql-9.0                  9.0.4-1+b1                      object-relational SQL database, version 9.0 server
ii  postgresql-client-8.4           8.4.8-2                         front-end programs for PostgreSQL 8.4
ii  postgresql-client-9.0           9.0.4-1+b1                      front-end programs for PostgreSQL 9.0
ii  postgresql-client-common        119                             manager for multiple PostgreSQL client versions
ii  postgresql-common               119                             PostgreSQL database-cluster manager
ii  postgresql-contrib              9.0.4-1                         additional facilities for PostgreSQL (supported
version)
ii  postgresql-contrib-8.4          8.4.8-2                         additional facilities for PostgreSQL
ii  postgresql-contrib-9.0          9.0.4-1+b1                      additional facilities for PostgreSQL
ii  postgresql-doc                  9.0.4-1                         documentation for the PostgreSQL database
managementsystem

ii  postgresql-doc-9.0              9.0.4-1                         documentation for the PostgreSQL database
managementsystem

Do you have any idea and what should I do?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

От: Ben Carbery
Сообщение: Crash when deleting trigger
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: compiling on debian does not find a valid PostgreSQL 8.4+ installati