Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)
Дата
Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of lun nov 14 17:30:50 -0300 2011:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:

> >> Also, is there something I should do to deal with the warnings
> >> before this would be considered a meaningful test?
> >
> > Dunno ... where were the warnings exactly?
>
> All 10 were like this:
>
>   warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
>     strict-aliasing rules

Uhm, shouldn't we expect there to be one warning for each use of a Node
using some specific node pointer type as well as something generic such
as inside a ListCell etc?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Group Commit