Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: strict aliasing (was: const correctness)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 06:25:19PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > All 10 were like this:
> >
> >   warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
> >     strict-aliasing rules
>
> Uhm, shouldn't we expect there to be one warning for each use of a Node
> using some specific node pointer type as well as something generic such
> as inside a ListCell etc?

Maybe they're safe? But in any case given the use of Node, a may be an
idea to mark it with attribute((__may_alias__)), that should clear up
most of the problems in that area.

http://ohse.de/uwe/articles/gcc-attributes.html#type-may_alias

Have a nice day,

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Detach/attach database
От: Ross Reedstrom
Сообщение: Re: feature request: auto savepoint for interactive psql when in transaction.