Re: mail to pgsql-general lost?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: mail to pgsql-general lost?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of jue ago 16 10:14:41 -0400 2012:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of jue ago 16 09:46:28 -0400 2012:
> >> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> >> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> Is there a way to find out how big it was? IIRC, depesz wrote
> >> something about cutting the size down for the second message - maybe
> >> it got rejected because it was too big?
> >
> > The maximum allowed message length seems to be 40000 bytes (except for
> > lists that have raised it explicitely such as pgsql-hackers).  Should we
> > raise that limit?
>
> I think the important thing is:
> 1) can we define two limits, one that just ends up being moderated
> instead of rejected?

Yes, I think we can do that.

> and
> 2) the system should *tell* depesz that it was too big, somehow.Is that broken?

I don't really know the answer to this.  Yes, it should send out an
email informing of the problem.  Not sure why it's not working.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: mail to pgsql-general lost?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: mail to pgsql-general lost?