Re: Please create mailing list for RCs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Please create mailing list for RCs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of dom ago 19 23:36:05 -0400 2012:

> > We already have a list "press", and another one "translators", in
> > @postgresql.org.  Is this new one different?  If so, please specify a
> > name and the owner's address.
>
> Well, it is different, but let's hash out whether or not it *should* be.
>
> Currently, I have two lists, translators@ which includes everyone who
> does translation of advocacy stuff, and press-regional@pgfoundry.org,
> which includes only RCs, by their RC official addresses.
>
> The RC list, in addition to the annual press release, is used for
> notices of update, beta releases, and similar things.
>
> There's about 70% overlap between the two lists.  Maybe I should just
> use translators@ and not worry about it.
>
> Alvaro, as an RC/translator yourself, what do you think?

As soon as we have a new press-contacts list I fail to see that there is
any point in having translators as well, because the contacts are
precisely the people doing the translations as well.  If we had teams of
translators that are not the same guys handling press contacts, I would
opine differently, but that's just not how it is.

In my opinion we should just rename translators and subscribe the RC
addresses to it.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Please create mailing list for RCs
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Please create mailing list for RCs