Re: [feature request] split triggers into branches

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: [feature request] split triggers into branches
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 13:48 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
> Hello
> Have you considered to split triggers into branches?
> I can imagine:
>
>   * triggers
>       o insert
>           + before
>           + after
>       o update
>           + before
>           + after
>       o before
>           + before
>           + after
>
> Triggers which are set for multiple events would appear in all
> particular branches.

That's probably the biggest issue with your proposal. Objects shouldn't
appear at different locations (yeah, we already do this with the
language objects in 9.1, but I'm not sure how we should deal with that).

> Of course it might be optional for some who don't like it.
>
> We have a lot of triggers for single tables (50) and would be helpful to
> us to organize them in some way.

50 triggers on a single table? wow, something is so wrong with your
setup. I don't quite get why you would end up with so much triggers.
Isn't that a big issue with performances?

But I get it that with such a setup, you need a better tree.
Unfortunately, your kind of setup is probably really specific, and isn't
a usual one.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent display of NULL and empty string values
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pgadmin3 1.16.0