Re: serial column detection

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: serial column detection
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 20:35 +0200, Linos wrote:
> Hi!,
>     how detects PgAdmin when it should show a column as "type" serial? i am trying
> to replicate in a existing table the conditions to get shown as serial but i
> don't get it.
>
> I had a table like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE test
> (
>   test_id integer NOT NULL,
>   CONSTRAINT test_pkey PRIMARY KEY (test_id),
> );
>

> that i would like to see as:
>
> CREATE TABLE test
> (
>   test_id serial NOT NULL,
>   CONSTRAINT test_pkey PRIMARY KEY (test_id),
> );
>

> i have tried with:
>
> CREATE SEQUENCE test_test_id_seq;
> ALTER TABLE test ALTER COLUMN test_id SET DEFAULT
> nextval('test_test_id_seq'::regclass);
> ALTER SEQUENCE test_test_id_seq OWNED BY test.test_id;
>

> and now i have this table:
>
> CREATE TABLE test
> (
>   test_id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('test_test_id_seq'::regclass),
>   CONSTRAINT test_pkey PRIMARY KEY (test_id),
> );
>
> What should i do? Thanks!

If a column is of type integer or biginteger, and that we have a default
value matching the one that would get a serial or bigserial, we declare
it as a serial or bigserial if we are connected to an 8.0 or previous
release. For 8.1 and upwards, we also try to find a dependency between
the sequence and the table. See pgColumn.cpp, lines 345 to 386.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pgadmin3 1.16.0
От: Kozusznik Michal
Сообщение: Re: [feature request] split triggers into branches