Re: pgadmin3 crash on new server registration / no server instances

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgadmin3 crash on new server registration / no server instances
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 19:05 +0000, Andrew Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wondered if anyone could help me with the following. I have been
> trying to view the server instance I have set up by using the pgadmin
> GUI. Here it is in the terminal:
>
> postgres=# \l
>                                    List of databases
>    Name    |   Owner    | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |
> Access privileges
> -----------+------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
>  django_db | django_dev | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
>  postgres  | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
>  template0 | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
> =c/postgres          +
>            |            |          |             |             |
> postgres=CTc/postgres
>  template1 | postgres   | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
> =c/postgres          +
>            |            |          |             |             |
> postgres=CTc/postgres
> (4 rows)
>

> But when I run pgadmin3 no server instances are displayed. When I
> click on Add server instance I get the below error messages (x8):
>
> (pgadmin3:2587): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
> `GtkFileChooserButton' to `GtkBin'
> (pgadmin3:2587): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_style:
> assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
>
> I am running Ubuntu on a laptop, and the database is local. The
> intended purpose for this database is to store Django app data. Am I
> doing something stupid?

Which release is it? Can you enable debug, and send us the log file?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Administer postgres from PGAdmin on remote mac using ssh tunnel